You have planned the project right, allocated resources, monitored the execution, and now you are reaping benefits. Great! Everything fell in place but guess what, you lost time. By the time you completed the project, you crossed the deadline.
A resource was unavailable, which led to a delay in the submission of the project. Somehow you could manage the situation, but it was already 10 days past the project deadline. Little reason, but that cost huge to your business. The major miss in the entire situation was time tracking.
Large corporations and businesses deploy timesheet management by using enterprise resource tracking software. It keeps you aware of all the progress in work. When you know the daily updates, you can make crucial decisions about overpricing and running a project, scheduling the team, and evaluating productivity.
Let us understand more about the timesheet management with time and resource planning software and it is related to improved productivity. You can also read about work collaboration software and how it can help to improve efficiency.
Table of Contents
1. What is timesheet management?
2. Role of time tracking software to boost productivity in an organization.
3. eRS time tracking software.
4. Work collaboration and its benefits.
What is timesheet management?
"Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the only thing he can't afford to lose." -- Thomas Edison.
It's not hard to crack that time is essential to keep your actions aligned with the goals. This is why timesheet management is relevant. It is a practice to monitor and analyze progress in different jobs that affect the quality of output in any organization. Some of the actions that involve measuring work against tracking time include calculating employee payroll, sending invoices, resource deliverables, and others.
But the prime question still remains here is why do you need timesheet management? Often people forget the time spent on activity over the week or days. This is why it is essential to mark the time dedicated to a task in timesheets. In addition, it helps project managers evaluate productivity against the time consumed.
Though maintaining a timesheet to manage the smooth process flow can be a hectic job. This is why using time tracking software has become relevant.
Role of time tracking software to boost productivity in an organization.
Time tracking software keeps you updated with the activity log of the resources in the organization. There are two types of tracking that you can conduct, which are:
1. Personal time tracking.
2. Project time tracking.
Here we refer to project time tracking because that allows project managers to easily connect resources and projects. It then helps to analyze individuals' performance, giving you a scope on how you can improve the output.
When you know places where you lead or lag, you can immediately plan action. Hence, organizations must believe that time tracking software has a relevant role to boost productivity. So let us first look at the benefits of time tracking and then look into the software.
Benefits of Time Tracking
Time tracking can benefit organizations as it helps you in:
- Monitoring the budget burn down.
- Bringing more transparency into the work processes.
- Making employees more accountable for their roles and duties.
- Evaluating whether you lack the resource availability or not. It also informs you which kind of resource you should hire.
- Understanding operational efficiency.
Let us now look at eResource Scheduler time tracking or timesheet management software that pulls productivity for you.
eResource Scheduler time tracking software
eResource Scheduler is the leading resource utilization service provider in the market that brings resource management, time management, scheduling, and resource allocation solutions for the organization.
The company's intent is to help improve your performance by managing the matrix of the resources in all aspects. In addition, it incorporates the need for time tracking as time and resources together can drive you near your goals.
The eResource Scheduler time tracking software allows you to get hold of the actuals. In addition, the software provides you with timesheets that can be used to capture information. Here are the features with which the eResource Scheduler time tracking software is packed:
- Get visibility of actual time spent on projects: Use timesheets to capture the details of time spent by resources on projects and non-project works. You can get a complete overview of work completed and pending. The timesheets will also indicate who performed the work and when
- Identify Gaps between the planned and delivered actions: The timesheet identifies the gap between the designed and delivered activities. With a comparative analysis, you can put resources and financials in line.
- Easy analysis by the management: The intuitive timesheets allow the administration to have an overview of the exact project status. They can further make decisions on whether or not they must accept the new projects. Timesheets provide quick and efficient time entries to choose the resources and projects if it is convenient.
- Automatic or Manual Timesheet approvals: You can use approval methods, either automatic or manual, for resources at individual levels. The feature gives you a clear indication of the occupancy and the availability of different resources.
- Set Timesheet at Resource, Global and Project Level: Depending on the utility, the timesheets can be set to derive information at the resource, global and project level as needed.
Talking of the features of eResource Scheduler resource management software, most of them satisfy your requirements. But what makes an edge over other features is that eRS provides fully functional free trials with personalized support. So users can take advantage of it and decide whether or not they should depend on eResource Scheduler software.
Once you have tracked all the activities, you will be in a better place to maximize efficiency with great teamwork. You can put resources together and exclude those who are underperformers. It requires you to have work collaboration software.What is it and how can it help is the next question.
Work Collaboration and benefits
Work collaboration software is designed to help resources work on a standard task to attain their goals. The software enables you to create an environment where communication and information management gets better.
A work collaboration software impacts the bottom line of the company by:
- Enhancing productivity.
- Improving the efficiency of work.
- Bring the actions of resources in alignment with the vision of the company.
- The employees are more engaged, and that enhances productivity.
- Elevates the work culture in the company.
- All processes are transparent.
When you follow time and create a collaborative ecosystem, the productivity of the organization gets better.
If you fail to track time, you will have nothing much in your hand. When it comes to an organization's productivity, you need to streamline your goals using resource planning software like eResource Scheduler. With the help of a timesheet management activity, you can have the actual picture of work done by the resources. Use time tracking software from eRS and see how it enhances productivity in the company.Next Blog Previous Blog