System requirements and database hosting options
eResource Scheduler is a network based multi-user resource scheduling and planning application designed for Windows environment. It’s a client – server application where MS SQL database (2005 or higher) is hosted on server machine and application is installed on windows based client PCs. Application on client machines connects to database through LAN, WAN, VPN or INTERNET.
Server Machine Software Requirements:
- Database can be hosted on MS SQL Server 2005 or higher (Tested on MS SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016). eResource Scheduler Installer has an option that will install freely available MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express version on your server machine.
- MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express version can also be directly downloaded from Here
- Recommendation: Express version of MS SQL Server 2008 R2 has performance limitations. If you have large number of users of eResource Scheduler, then we recommend that standard version of MS SQL Server should be used.
Server Machine Hardware Requirements:
- Server resource requirements may vary depending on many factors, but following table can be used as a guide.
|Sr. No||Concurrent Users||No. of Resources||Approx. RAM Utilized||Approx DB Size|
|1||50 Users||50 Resources||100 – 150 MB||5 – 10 MB|
|2||100 Users||100 Resources||200 – 300 MB||10 – 15 MB|
|3||500 Users||500 Resources||500 – 600 MB||50 – 70 MB|
|4||5000 Users||5000 Resources||4 – 6 GB||200 – 300 MB|
Note: Above figures are approximates as server resource utilization may vary depending on concurrent user connections, number of records (resources, projects, bookings, timesheets etc.) and actions being performed by different users.
Client Machine Software Requirements:
- Windows operating system (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10), 32 or 64 bit versions.
- .Net Framework 4 (Download .Net Framework 4 from Microsoft website).
Client Machine Hardware Requirements:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor or higher.
- 150 – 200 MB RAM is used by eResource Scheduler during normal use.
- 100 MB free disk space is required to install and run eResource Scheduler.
Database Hosting Options
Client’s Own Server: Client may choose to host database on their own server (local or web). In this case client’s IT team is responsible for taking database backups and all server maintenance.
ENBRAUN’s Web Server: Clients can choose to host their database on ENBRAUN’s web server for an additional fee. Client users will be able to use application from anywhere in the world, till the time they have application installed on their laptop / PC and are connect to internet. Clients do not have to worry about server and database maintenance. ENBRAUN’s IT will responsible for maintaining server and for taking regular backups.