Software for Scheduling, Planning & Managing Resources
eResource Scheduler is a multiuser client - server resource scheduling & planning application. It’s a .Net (Framework 4) based application written in C# and is compatible with Windows operating systems. It uses MS SQL Database (MS SQL 2005 or higher).
Application is installed on PC of every user (client PCs) and database is hosted on a server machine. Application on client PCs connect to database through LAN, WAN, VPN, Internet (If using web server).
If available, eResource Scheduler can also be delivered using Citrix, VMWARE or similar virtualization products.
In a multiuser environment, eResource Scheduler application on client PC connects (Direct SQL connection) to database hosted on server through LAN, WAN, VPN. If the database is hosted on web server, then it can establish direct SQL connection via internet.
Single user setup
In a single user environment the database can be hosted on the client machine itself OR on a server machine to which the client can connect through LAN, WAN or VPN. If the database is hosted on web server, then it can establish direct SQL connection via internet.
Option 1 (Ideal for single user trial and evaluation)
Server Machine Requirements
- 1. Windows operating system. eResource Scheduler is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
- 2. MS SQL Server 2005 or higher. 'eResource Scheduler Setup' automatically installs freely available MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. (Note: Express version has performance limitations).
- Server machine hardware requirement will depend on the number of users using the system. Following table can be used as a guide.
||No. Of Users & Resources
||MS SQL Version
||Approx. Database Size
||5 Simultaneous Users
||10 Simultaneous Users
||50 Simultaneous Users
||100 Simultaneous Users
- * Should be used as guide. Requirements may vary due to other applications and variables.
Client Machine Requirements
- 1. Windows operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8). eResource Scheduler is compatible with both 32 bit or 64 bit versions.
- 2. eResource Scheduler requires .Net Framework 4. If .Net Framework 4 is not pre-installed, then 'eResource Scheduler Setup' will automatically download and install it.
- 1. Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- 2. 1 GB RAM.
- 3. 500 MB free disk space.